Click on any picture to see larger view. Also, click on older posts at bottom to see more posts, or go to a post directly by clicking on what you want to see under the "Blog Archive" on the right side.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Saginaw 4 speed





Casting number 3890564
Date code R7A09.. If only this code was R7C20 it would match the POP!

This is not the original transmission from the car.
Unfortunately, I blew it up during my stupid years in High School showing off while dragging Main.
I think that this transmission is out of an early build L30/M20 Camaro. It has the 1966 casting number on the side of the case, but has a '67 build date code.  The code is not the same code that is on the POP.
I have the original reverse light switch still working attached to the transmission.
This transmission was disassembled and inspected in November of 2011 after I rounded it up from a good friend.  It looked brand new inside, I couldn't believe how nice it was so I took a few pictures.
I cleaned up the case, and painted it with high temp cast iron paint.
I did some research, and found a '67 L30M20 convert that had the same casting number from the factory as this transmission.  Here is a link to that article:  Saginaw Casting Number
Look near the end of the posts.

1 comment:

  1. hey is there anyway to contact you to ask a question about that Saginaw 4 speed please, Greg muszyngr@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete